How to Design Click-Worthy Facebook Ad Graphics
Tips from the Experts of Social Media Marketing Pittsburgh
June 19, 2019
1.4 billion people use Facebook and spend on average 50 minutes a day on Facebook. Undoubtedly Facebook ads get a LOT of attention! When it comes to wanting to create your Facebook ad, the aesthetic and appearance are key. As experts in social media marketing Pittsburgh, we at Responsival believe in the power of captivating images. When your graphic stands out your audience will feel compelled to click on your ad, thus bringing traffic to your ad and attention to your business. With Facebook Ad Manager’s steps in creating a specific ad designed for your needs, you can compose engaging and creative images. In this article we will discuss:
- Getting started on Facebook Ad Manager
- How to select the perfect images for your campaign
- Tips on creating interesting and eye-catching images
Breaking Down The Basics of How Facebook Ad Manager Works
Check out these tips from the social media marketing experts in Pittsburgh on how to use Facebook Ad Manager and where to go to create awesome graphics easily.
There are multiple steps in setting up Facebook Ad manager. You will be prompted through these steps on the site. To make the ad select ‘Create Ad’ and you will then be prompted through various steps on managing your ad. In Facebook ad manager you are able to:
- Create campaigns and ads
- Target specific audiences
- Optimize your ad campaigns
- Manage media spend
- Keep track of how your ad campaigns are doing in terms of traffic and performance.
76% of users look for interesting content on Facebook and content consumption on Facebook has increased by 57% since 2014. In addition, A 2015 study discovered that 52% of consumers were influenced by Facebook when making both online and offline purchases. Therefore, utilizing advertising on Facebook will amp up the awareness of your brand. When it comes to creating your images you can use simple sites such as Canva. Canva is easy to use and a great tool for designing graphics for your ads. For a full guide on how to create Facebook ads, click here.
Tips on Choosing Compelling Images from the Experts of Social Media Marketing Pittsburgh
What makes a captivating image and weighing the pros and cons of using stock photos
Choosing a quality image can make or break your ad; you are competing with other ads all over Facebook and want yours to stand out! Choosing good imagery is essential. With the success that Facebook Ads have for businesses, over 70% of marketers are looking to increase their use of visual images. These steps will help you choose an image that is both compelling and click-worthy:
- Select high-quality photos: When creating your graphic, having a photo is key to getting those much-needed clicks from your audience. Low-quality images that are blurry or bland will likely get scrolled passed and go unnoticed. You can also improve the resolution of your photo by utilizing size recommendations in Facebook ad guides.
- Colorful images are good: Color is eye-catching when you are scrolling through your Facebook feed. It is important to attract the audience’s attention with an appealing, colorful image. Keep in mind that as color is good, it is also important to include space so the image is not too hectic.
- Relevant images are key: Staying true to the message you want to deliver to your audience staying on brand is essential. Be true to your brand and select or design images that reflect your value and aesthetic as a business.
We understand that your business may not have access to the high-quality images you need to meet these guidelines. Luckily, there are plenty of free stock image sites online that have great images for you to use in ads for no cost. Additionally, Facebook Ad Manager has stock images for you to choose from directly in its interface.
When it comes to selecting stock photos for your Ad, there are pros and cons. Some benefits include that it is convenient, often times free, relatable, and easy to find. However, they are not original, can be selected by any company, and often times cliche. When it comes to selecting your graphic or designing your own, be sure to make these considerations. If you want help designing great graphics for your Facebook Ads - or kicking off some Facebook Ad campaigns themselves - get in touch with the experts of social media marketing Pittsburgh, Responsival.
Tips For Creating Awesome Graphics
Create graphics on your Facebook ad that capture your audience’s attention
When creating your design there are aspects of your image that are essential in boosting its success as an ad.
- Include a clear CTA: A CTA, or call to action, is a clear message sent to the viewer to encourage them to take valuable actions on your ad. Not only should you always include a CTA to ‘learn more,’ ‘shop now,’ or ‘contact us’ in your ad formatting, but it’s a great idea to add a CTA to your graphic itself. Design this CTA like a fakeout button for the user to click -- when in reality, simply clicking the image will take your viewer to the landing page.
- Create Continuity: One of the most interesting and click-worthy ways to use Facebook Ads is to use continuity in carousel images. As shown above, you can use a carousel set of images to provide more information and create a more interesting user experience when viewing your ad. Want to learn how to do this? Check it out from Facebook itself.
- Use stock video because rich media is king: Using stock video is a great tool in getting the attention of your audience and better articulating the goal of your ad. Over multiple studies, it was found that 59% of people would rather watch a video ad. Incorporating high-quality videos in your ad tells your story in a compelling matter and is a good tool to consider when creating your ad. Purchasing the video will save you time and you can pull the stock video from places like Adobe Stock and Shutterstock.
- Feel free to test out your ad: Before posting your ad officially on to Facebook, you can play around and make multiple designs. Create mock-up designs in the Creative Hub section of Facebook Ad Manager. Additionally, you can show your ad to professional advertisers and get feedback from others on your add.
Here at Responsival - the experts of social media marketing Pittsburgh - we suggest using compelling graphics on your Facebook ads. Graphics enhance the overall quality of your ad and, when they are done right, grab your audience’s attention. No need to be a graphic designer to create awesome graphics or choose exciting stock photos. Reach out to us to learn more about creating Facebook ads that are sure to boost your social media marketing tactics.